Monday, August 25, 2008

Clover's 1st Birthday!


Clover is finally 1 year old. This year has really flown by and my baby isn't a baby anymore. I guess it is true what they say, they grow up fast. We had a dinner at my aunt's house and it was a pretty good time. Clover didn't understand the concept of a birthday of coarse, but i enjoyed having a little party for her. She really wasn't too interested in opening her gifts so the other kids had to help out. She did get to eat ice cream cake for the first time, which she gobbled down in fist fulls. She got a few cute little toys and some clothes, but what we decided to do (especially now because she doesn't understand about presents and because it's never to early to do this) is to start a college fund for Clover and have relatives and me and Roger contribute to it. Hopefully by the time 18 years rolls around she will be set to head off to college and not have to worry about how to pay for it. So, now my little one is a big girl, on to the terrible two's????



5 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Happy birthday to your cute little Clover. Good idea on the college fund. You can never have too much in college savings and trust me you will always have too many toys!!

Carissa said...

Happy Birthday Clover! She is so cute Karina! Can you believe it's already been a year?!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Clover! I agree with Jaime that was a great idea on the college fund. It's crazy to think you have a one year old. I love this age it is so fun and entertaining.

Dawn Sims said...

awww..How exciting! I can't believe she is already one! It really does fly by. I can't believe Cohen is going to be two! We can't wait to see you guys next month!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Thanks for the invite! It was tons of fun! Oh wait....