Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stay At Home Mommy

well, it's official i guess. I am now a stay at home mommy. i got laid off from my job today. It's not really that big of a shock. They have been kinda talking about it for a few months now but it was a little bit of a surprise today that they said hey, guess what... Well, it's kind of bitter sweet because I liked my job and I've been there for over 2 years now. I have had a lot of fun and have grown a lot in those 2 years. I am going to miss my friends there but now I get to do my real job of being a full time mom. Taking Clover to the babysitter has been getting to me lately because she has started to want to go to the babysitter and not me sometimes. That killed me and I started thinking about how much time the babysitter gets with her in the day and how much I get and it made me a little depressed. Who wants someone else raising their kids ya know. So getting laid off wasn't all that bad. I get to be home with my baby and actually see my husband other than a hello when he crawls into bed at 11pm and goodbye when I leave in the morning for work. I guess unemployment is going to have to do the trick for awhile until we figure out a plan. We are really really hoping Roger gets this sheriffs department job in Oregon. Does this ever happen to anybody else that just when you think things are going smoothly and you're getting ahead something comes and knocks you back a step and says hey, don't get too comfy. Here's another hurdle to overcome. That seems to be our life. Things never seem to run smoothly for very long before another trial comes our way. Well, I was going to hire a maid to help me keep up with the cleaning but now, dangit looks like I'm the new maid. Well, I guess if I've learned anything in life so far it's that you just gotta roll with the punches and have faith that everything is going to work out for the best.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Bummer that you got laid off. But at least you get to play housewife and mommy for awhile!! It's a really hard job all in itself! Good luck and good luck to the job in Oregon. I don't want you to go anywhere, but if it's what is best for your family than you gotta do what you gotta do =)

Mike and Jen said...

Okay so being a stay at home mom is fun so dont worry. And now your favorite part of the day (sometimes) can be nap time! yes!

Lori said...

I'm excited for you to be a stay at home mom! what a lucky little girl clover is to have you!