Thursday, June 12, 2008

Clover Updates...



Let's see, I have to update everyone on Clover's accomplishments to date. Her newest thing that she just figured out how to do this week is to wave. I've been trying to get her to do it for awhile but she finally got the skills to do it. It is really cute. She likes to do it at random now, but we're still working on waving bye bye to daddy when he leaves for work. Clover also reaches out for you to hold her, she's done that for awhile. She sticks out her arms like she's pointing at things but her little grunts don't really give me any clues to what she wants. Oh, she has also figured out how to shake her head no at you. (Gotta love that one). She has figured out that there are buttons on the x-box and if you push them lights flash and things open. Clover has just discovered music and has started bouncing and bobbing to songs and her toys. It is quite funny. I have started putting on XM Kids and XM Disney on the radio while we play. The most exciting one for me is that she is starting to stand on her own more and more and for longer periods of time before she plops down on her butt. I hope next she will work on moving those little feet one in front of the other and taking some steps. (Yeah, I know she's a bit young to be walking but a mom's gotta have a dream right). Something wonderful that I have recently discovered are those little gerber puffs. She LOVES those things. They are like crack for babies. Sometimes I bribe her with those things if I just want her to chill out for a few minutes and just sit and entertain herself for a bit. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes! Since I got laid off we have been going out in the morning as a family for some exercise. Roger runs and I rollerblade while I push the stroller around the block. We are going to become the "fit family". I am getting some good running shoes so I can start getting back in shape like I was before I got pregnant. Me and Clover also go out in the evening by ourselves while Roger is at work and take a nice leisurely walk around the neighborhood before bedtime.

3 comments:

Dawn Sims said...

What I didn't know you got laid off! I bet you aren't complaining though. Clover is getting so cute! I can't wait to see you guys in October. Hopefully the plane tickets become more affordable than they are right now! It is CRAZY! Oh by the way...Bryan and I just starting looking into an alternative to make some extra cash flow. Sounds like a good idea. Soo...this guy may be calling you to talk to you about it. hee hee...I hope that is cool! I promise he isn't going to be pushy, but I can't really talk about it because I don't know much about it yet. he's just basically going to ask you if you are interested and leave it at that. Love ya!

Mike and Jen said...

Baby's are so much dang fun! Especially when they are as cute as clover. Sometimes I wish they stayed that way forever! Can I just say that if you look like you do and you need to get back into shape then you must have been smokin hot before (that means you look fabulous).

Jenny Timmerman said...

What would we do without baby puffs?!