Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family Vacation to Oregon Part II



For the second part of our trip we head to the coast where my mom lives in Newport, Oregon. We ate lots and lots of good food, including fresh sushi, oysters, clams and berry cobbler. (I think I gained 10 pounds on this week long trip.) We sat in the hot tub, looked at out at the ocean and went to this little community seafest deal the city does. Roger took his test and interview for his possible job at the jail (waiting on word from that now) and looked at some houses in the hope we are moving up there soon. The weather was great, around 68 degrees during the day, I even had to wear a jacket, which was a nice change from the over 100 degree weather we've been having here in Vegas. It was a nice trip, and now we wait for a job offer for Roger.

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

I want fresh sushi and seafood! I want to wear a jacket!! If you move to Oregon, you better believe that me, Chad and the boys will be coming up to visit you guys!! COUNT ON IT!

Carissa said...

Clover thinks that giant fish is funny! :) What cute pictures. Isn't Oregon grand?!

Dawn Sims said...

How fun! I really like your new family picture on the top. Roger looks good with a clean shave. Keep me updated on the job. Are you guys going to sell your house in Vegas to your dad? I better see you guys in Vegas in October no matter what! Seriously I will be sad if I don't.

Mike and Jen said...

Looks like lots of fun! Good luck with the job seeking!

Lori said...

fun trip! adorable family pic!! we loved oregon when we lived there too. We actually don't have a lot to do in our city, its really small, that festival was almost an hour away, but worth the drive since we are always looking for stuff to do too. you will have more to do when clover is older, but even when i just had halle, i took her to things just so i could meet other moms and then did lots of playgroups, just to get out of the house. I also met moms on momsmeetup.com and i am still friends with most of the moms i met on there. a couple ideas of things to do are: the libraries always have storytimes, so does barnes and noble, i'm sure there is a children's museum around you or a natural his/science museum with a children's section which either has free days or cheap year memberships, those jump around places are everywhere, clover would love that. i also joined moms club, i'm sure there is one in your area, its cheap, they have playgroups and let you know whats going on in the community. i wish clover and kiki could be friends!