Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day Present







Me and Clover made our Father's Day gift this year. I thought that since it was Roger's first father's day that I should get something that he could keep and remember. We went to a pottery store where you pick an item and paint it yourself. I picked a plate, which I thought we could put on a stand or hang on the wall and enjoy. I picked my colors and tried my best to paint this thing while holding Clover and telling her that she had to help mommy make a present for daddy. At first I wanted her hand print, we tried twice to paint her little hand and push it down on the plate but she wouldn't keep her hand flat and it just turned out to be a blob so plan B was to do a footprint. (My kid has huge feet by the way) So i got her foot painted with ease and then I wrote out our little saying, and yes, even though it looks like a child wrote on this plate, it was really me. Hey, its hard to write in paint ok. I am not Martha freakin Stuart. So here are the results. I think this kind of thing is a good idea for birthdays, fathers, mothers day etc. for kids to do because its something they can make and it lasts for years to come.

2 comments:

Carissa said...

That is a great idea, I wish that I had thought of it. I am such a great wife because we weren't even here for this Father's Day, Bennett and I were in California while John stayed home and worked. :) I'm just glad it wasn't his first Father's Day because that would just be totally horrible of me.

Lori said...

that is precious, i thought clover was really advanced and wrote it out. hows being a stay at home mom?