Sunday, September 21, 2008

My New Hobby


Ok, everyone needs a hobby. So I decided my new hobby is to make crafty things for my home. I've always wanted to be the "Martha Stewart" type, but alas I have fallen drastically short. I don't even put up a single decoration for any holiday. (What kind of a monster am I?) But, now that I have a kid I think it is time to get cutesy and start to make crafts that our family can enjoy year after year. Now, when I first started this endeavor I thought, hey, this will be fun, help me to do something for myself, and it will be cheaper than just going out and buying a bunch of decorations. Oh no my friends, I was sadly mistaken. These projects are freaking expensive. I'm going to have to put myself on a craft budget! (As I'm saying this I have 3 other projects in the works as we speak!) So anyway this is my "attempt" at a halloween craft which I actually stole the idea from the scrapbook store Pebbles in my Pocket because I don't really have a creative bone in my body so I have to use others ideas for my own. Well, with a lot of hard work, running around to 3 different stores, and hours of sweat this is my final accomplishment. I think it's pretty cute.

8 comments:

Mrs. L said...

I love your new hobby. Well done. I agree with the price thing though. Crazy!

Carissa said...

Cute cute....I'm sure that you will pass up Martha Stewart in no time. Just get Clover to help you with the messy stuff and it will be TONS of FUN! (although I will admit, I can't remember the last craft I have actually finished)

Sharlet said...

Very nice new hobby. I'm still not into all the little crafty things yet though. You are two steps ahead of me. I really like your new family pictures up top though. THey look great.

Lori said...

good job, so cute!
clover seems like she has a cute personality. shes soo adorable! your fam. pics are soo cute!

Jenny Timmerman said...

Ok, I am totally impressed with your craft skills! And your family picture looks SO good! Your hair looks great. (I know you changed it forever ago, but this is the best pic I've seen of it.)

Mike and Jen said...

That turned out sooooo cute! I can't wait to see more!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Super cute! Come over and we can be craft together!!
You never answered me, can you guys make it to Spencers party on the 28th? Please please please???

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

The party is at Mountains Edge Discovery Park. You know, on the other side of the world from you =)

It starts at 1:30pm. I really really hope you guys can make it!