Saturday, July 12, 2008

Artsy Fartsy



I have been trying to become a more artsy mom. I have decided that I am going to start to make stuff. I don't know what kind of stuff I'm going to make, just whatever tickles my fancy. One of my first projects was this family sign. I just went to Michaels and got all my supplies, which pretty much consisted of wood and spray paint. I am not very creative so i had to repaint my wood a few times before I was happy with it but I think it looks pretty darn good. It is a sign with our name, our marriage year and our names below. I plan on hanging it up next to the front door. If I decide to get real ambitious I want to make cute little crafts for the house for every holiday..... We'll see...

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

I love making crafts! I try to make a different craft every holiday. I also try to do one with my kids, they seem to love it. So anytime you want a craft pal, let me know and we can be crafty together

Carissa said...

You're a brave woman! I don't dare get out a can of spray paint when Bennett is awake. Talk about a major mess! Way to go though, you are a lot more ambitious than I am.

Dawn Sims said...

Did I meet him? I didn't know her in high school. Boyack..wasn't that a teacher at Bonanza? Either way. Seems like everyone is in dentistry here. There are two other wards. I'm not sure if we would be in the same one. Find out what ward she is in. We are in the 2nd I believe. I always get confused with the numbers. We missed church this sunday, but I'll have to look them up. We will be in town next weekend, but then we will be out of town the next 2-3 weekends. I can't wait to see you guys in October! Selfishly I kind of hope you don't move yet. At least until we come and go.